GoBoat’s alcohol policy is developed taking into consideration numerous different factors. For us, freedom on the water is one of the most important elements of the GoBoat experience, but safety must be our top priority. We also wish to be good neighbors to our community in and around the harbour. These are the reasons behind our policy.
The policy is applicable to all guests who sail with GoBoat. All guests must comply with this policy in order to sail.
Fortunately, the majority of our guests follow the rules. However, we must emphasize that guests who do not comply with the alcohol policy and show signs of intoxication will be rejected at the door without a refund. In addition, we reserve the right to cancel trips on the water where one or more guests appear to not comply with our alcohol policy. In this case, the guests are also subject to no refunds. Our service boat sails in the harbour to help guests. However, if we are notified of intoxicated behavior on the water, our service captain will come out to check on the guests.
In short: Get the best trip by respecting our alcohol policy.
The Alcohol Policy
- Alcohol Percentage
- You are allowed to bring beer, cider, and wine on the boat. In addition, you may bring pre-mixed alcoholic drinks that have been bought directly from a store.
- The alcohol percentage must not exceed 15% on any alcoholic beverages. For example, vodka and gin are not permitted.
- You are allowed to bring a maximum of alcohol corresponding to two Danish units (genstand) per adult saling. A Danish Unit (genstand) is 12 gram alcohol while a UK unit is 8 gram alkohol).
- For a full boat with 8 adults, where one person is the captain for the entire trip, you are allowed to bring 16 beers or 4 bottles of wine.
- Drinks Brought or Bought to GoBoat
- You are welcome to bring your own drinks as long as you comply with the alcohol policy.
- You may buy wine and beers with GoBoat- purchasing them online is fastest as we can prepare them for your sail in time for check-in. However, they are also available for purchase at check-in.
- Additional information in regards to the alcohol policy
- If a party arrives intoxicated for check in, they will be prohibited from sailing and will not be eligible for a refund.
- If a party arrives to check-in and we confiscate alcoholic beverages that are higher in quantity and limit, we will kindly ask for the party to dispose of it prior to their sail. Unfortunately, there is no option to store the alcohol with us. If the party refuses, we unfortunately cannot allow the party to sail and you will not be eligible for a refund.
- If a party is caught acting inappropriately due to intoxicated behaviour, our service captain will sail out and end the trip. The party will not be eligible for a refund.
The policy may appears harsh, but we must ensure the safety of all of our guests on the water including yours. Intoxication on the water may lead to reckless behaviour like jumping off the boat, disturbing the peace of the neighborhood, and public urination, all of which are unacceptable.
We hope to have your understanding on this matter and wish you a wonderful trip on the Copenhagen waters.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in making the harbour a safe and nice place to be for everyone.